Follow Akron Tennis on Twitter (@ZipsWTEN) and Facebook
Head Coach Brandon Padgett Post-Match Video and Highlights
AKRON, Ohio – Prang Pantusart earned a 6-2, 6-2 last-match-on-court victory at No. 3 singles to clinch a 4-3 win for The University of Akron women's tennis team over Cleveland State on Saturday night at LaTuchie Tennis Center.
The Zips took the doubles point by winning at two of the three flights, and then claimed Nos. 1-3 singles in straight sets to be victorious in their fourth-straight outing and improve to 11-6 overall.
Cleveland State (6-8) evened the scoring at 3-all by winning in order at Nos. 4-6 singles.
Tonight marked UA's third win in less that 24 hours, after it defeated Northern Illinois 7-0 in the Mid-American Conference schedule opener on Friday afternoon and non-league opponent Oakland 6-1 on Friday night.
With the University on Spring Break, Akron makes a non-conference road trip to Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Tuesday and Illinois-Chicago on Wednesday, then resumes MAC competition at Ball State on Friday and at Miami (Ohio) on Saturday.
Zips Notebook: Akron improved to 7-3 this season at home ... UA won the doubles point for the fourth-straight match ... in addition to their four-match winning streak, the Zips have won 10 of their last 11 contests ... Olga Shkundina has won four straight and nine of her last 10 singles matches ... Madison Cohen had her four-match singles win streak end today ... this was UA's fifth 4-3 win this season.
Akron 4, Cleveland State 3
1. Prang Pantusart/Olga Shkundina (Akron) def. Alexandra Bush/Kara Sherwood (CSU) 8-4
2. Angelina Jogasuria/Madison Cohen (Akron) def. Alex Power/Maria Lazaris (CSU) 9-8 (4)
3. Mathilde Orange/Nicole Janek (CSU) def. Angelika Jogasuria/Andrea Duva (Akron) 9-8 (1)
1. Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Mathilde Orange (CSU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Olga Shkundina (Akron) def. Alexandra Bush (CSU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Prang Pantusart (Akron) def. Alex Power (CSU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Kara Sherwood (CSU) def. Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) 7-5, 6-1
5. Maria Lazaris (CSU) def. Signe Lazdina (Akron) 6-4, 6-0
6. Nicole Janek (CSU) def. Madison Cohen (Akron) 6-4, 6-2
Order of finish:
Doubles – 1, 2, 3
Singles – 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, 3
Akron – 11-6
Cleveland State – 6-8