Follow Akron Tennis on Twitter and Facebook
Head Coach Brandon Padgett Post-Match Video and Highlights
AKRON, Ohio – The University of Akron women's tennis team closed out a two-match homestand versus Mid-American Conference foes with a 7-0 loss to Miami (Ohio) on Saturday afternoon indoors at LaTuchie Tennis Center.
Miami (11-6, 3-1 MAC) claimed the three doubles positions and won in straight sets at all six flights of singles en rout to ending a two-match losing streak.
The most competitive contest of the day for Akron (10-12, 0-5 MAC) came at No. 2 singles, where Martina Zerbola lost 7-6 (2), 6-3 to Andreea Badileanu.
UA makes a conference road swing to Bowling Green and Western Michigan next Friday and Saturday, respectively. First serve for both matches is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
Zips Notebook: Akron's record at home this season dropped to 2-6 ... Zips senior Ksenia Berestetska's four-match singles win streak ended. She has won nine of her last 11 singles outings and is 17-3 overall in dual-match singles play this season.
Miami (Ohio) 7, Akron 0
1. Christine Guerrazzi/Alix Thurman (MU) def. Olga Shkundina/Ksenia Berestetska (UA) 8-2
2. Nimisha Mohan/Andreea Badileanu (MU) def. Martina Zerbola/Karolina Maksimava (UA) 8-5
3. Christiana Raymond/Ramona Costea (MU) def. Caroline Harpaintner/Marta Briega (UA) 8-0
1. Nimisha Mohan (MU) def. Olga Shkundina (UA) 6-2, 6-2
2. Andreea Badileanu (MU) def. Martina Zerbola (UA) 7-6 (2), 6-3
3. Christiana Raymond (MU) def. Karolina Maksimava (UA) 6-3, 6-2
4. Christine Guerrazzi (MU) def. Ksenia Berestetska (UA) 6-2, 6-1
5. Ramona Costea (MU) def. Carolina Harpaintner (UA) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ana Rajkovic (MU) def. Marta Briega (UA) 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish:
Doubles – 1, 3, 2
Singles – 6, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2
Akron – 10-12, 0-5 MAC
Miami – 11-6, 3-1 MAC